Publisher 2K and developer Visual COncepts have officially announced WWE 2K23 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Steam). It will launch on March 17. 16-time WWE World Champion John Cena will be featured on the cover of every edition of the game to celebrate his 20th anniversary as a WWE Superstar.
“It is a pleasure to tell the story of my career through the WWE 2K23 Showcase,” John Cena said in a press release. “2K has done a fantastic job capturing and reinvigorating the WWE 2K franchise through this concept, and I’m honored to be on the cover of WWE 2K23.”
Visual Concepts President Greg Thomas added, “Like our cover superstar John Cena, the Visual Concepts team hasn’t shy away from the challenge of proving that the quality of WWE 2K the franchise is here to stay. WWE 2K23 takes a winning formula and adds so much more. We’re especially excited to see how fans are reacting to the 2K showcase and WarGames.
Get the first details below.
WWE 2K23 features several franchise advancements, including a unique new version of the 2K showcase, the WWE 2K introduction of fan-favorite WarGames and expansions of several flagship game modes. Additionally, fans can also expect a full roster of WWE Superstars and Legends, including Roman Reigns, “American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, and more. . Incredibly realistic graphics, animations, camera angles and lighting, plus accessible controls and a new optional pinning mechanism will add to the highly immersive experience.
WWE 2K23 features several franchise features, plus new additions and twists on fan favorites:
- 2K Showcase with John Cena – Winning John Cena in the ring is a reward few Superstars can claim. In an unprecedented twist on the 2K Showcase, players will step into the boots of several of Cena’s toughest competitors with one goal in mind: defeat the man who “will never give up.” Covering his 20-year WWE career and narrated by Cena himself, this interactive sports-entertainment documentary uses 2K’s unique Slingshot technology to seamlessly transition from gameplay to live footage to bring crucial moments in every match to life. .
- War games – Fan-favorite, chaotic and action-packed WarGames makes its debut in WWE 2K23 and offers heart-pounding three-on-three and four-on-four mayhem in single player or multiplayer inside two side-by-side rings surrounded by a double steel cage.
- MyGM – Now featuring more GMs to choose from – or a player’s custom GM creation – as well as additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match maps, and more match types for up to four players. Players draft a roster, manage budgets, sign free agents, choose different match types, arena locations, production items, and more, with the goal of beating a rival GM in weekly battles.
- MyFACTION – Now featuring online multiplayer action, the team-building mode where players collect, manage and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-way faction returns. Players can now take their faction online and compete for world domination, or participate in weekly rounds and faction wars, while new themed map packs and objectives roll out regularly throughout the year.
- MyRISE – Aspiring Superstars step through the curtain on their WWE debut in MyRISE and shape their careers with the decisions made along the way. With separate storylines for men’s and women’s divisions and the ability to import custom-created Superstars, players journey from humble beginnings as a rookie to being immortalized as a WWE legend.
- Universe – The ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that allows players to manage their own version of WWE, superstar rosters, feuds, champions, weekly shows and premium live events! Universe updates include a reworked story system and more.
- creation suite – An iconic feature of the WWE 2K franchise, the Creation Suite returns with cross-platform community creations, including the ability to design Superstars, GMs, Arenas, Entrances, Movesets, Championships and more. Custom Arenas are now playable online and advanced customization has been added to created entries.
Game editions and pre-order bonuses
WWE 2K23 offers four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition:
- regular edition – The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99 on previous-gen (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles) and PC platforms and for $69.99 on current-gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S) in both physical and digital formats.
- Intergenerational publishing – The Cross-Gen Edition will be available digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Cross-Gen Edition includes the Standard Edition on both previous and current generation platforms within the same console family and same PlayStation or Xbox account.
- deluxe edition – The Deluxe Edition will be available for $99.99 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One in physical and digital formats, and on PC in digital format. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Edition, the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, plus a Season Pass for all five post-launch DLC Packs; the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger; Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card, Gold Edge MyFACTION Card, Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card, and three MyFACTION Basic Premium Launch card packs. The Deluxe Edition will be available from March 14, 2023, three days before the Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!
- Edit Icon – The Icon Edition will be available for $119.99 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC, with original cover art by renowned WWE inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to the Standard Edition and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the Icon Edition includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack, celebrating John Cena’s 20-year WWE career by featuring the first character” Prototype” by John Cena, as well as “Leviathan” Batista, development versions of rookies of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship, and WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager map and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION map packs. The Icon Edition will be available from March 14, 2023, three days before the Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack Pre-Order Offer – Players who pre-ordered the Standard Edition and the Digital Crossover Pack will receive the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby-level Bad Bunny MyFACTION card. The Bad Bunny Bonus Pack is included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition at launch.
See the first screenshots in the gallery.